CBD AND POST OP PAIN
Recovery from any type of surgery can be a challenging time, and different for every patient this is where CBD and Post Op Pain can be informative. Anesthesia will prevent you from feeling pain during surgery, but afterwards your nerves send signals to the brain that your body has been operated on, or “damaged,” and needs to heal. Once the healing advances, the pain should subside, but for some, post operative pain can be chronic, and can last 6 months or more after surgery.
CBD oil derived from hemp is non-psychoactive, and also non-addictive, important benefits in these times of opiate addiction. When prescription opioids are used appropriately to treat pain, they can be a key element in post-operative recovery. But the risks associated are considerable. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- 44 people die each day in the U.S. from prescription opioid overdose
- 71% of deaths caused by prescription drug overdose were from prescription opioid painkillers
- In 2013, drug overdose was the number one cause of injury death, causing more deaths than automobile crashes
For patients dealing with post-surgical pain the goal should be to ease that pain but also to allow them to function in their daily life. Many prescription painkillers make you sleepy, limit your motivation to get things done, cause nausea, and prevent you from driving. Hemp derived CBD oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and is currently being used to treat fibromyalgia, arthritis, and other health conditions that can be accompanied by pain. And CBD oil can be taken in conjunction with traditional prescriptions, and alleviate some of the symptoms from them, like nausea, dizziness, and vomiting.
Endocannabinoids are neurotransmitters that activate your cannabinoid receptors and help to keep the immune, nervous, and digestive systems in the state of homeostasis, or simply, balance. Cannabinoids in CBD Thera do the same thing – they attach to cannabinoid receptors in your central and peripheral nervous systems, telling your brain that something hurts or that you’re straining muscles and joints. Then, they send signals to your body’s pain site to diminish the pain and relax those muscles. CBD can lessen the impact of and help to prevent inflammation as well. All these factors are why CBD and post op pain is an excellent alternative to opioids.
The Benefits Of CBD Oil From CBD Thera
CBD oil is effective for treating the symptoms of post-surgical and chronic pain. So why should you choose CBD oil from CBD Thera? Here’s a list of just a few reasons:
- All-Natural, High-Quality Products – no harmful chemicals or additives, we create a totally organic CBD oil with a high-quality grape seed oil base
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil – our CBD oil is full spectrum, meaning it contains CBD, but also other beneficial cannabinoids like CBN, CBG, and CBC.
- Dedication To Total Transparency – We want you to understand what you’re putting into your body, so we publish testing results of each batch of our CBD oil online
To learn more about this natural alternative to pain relief, visit us at:
Thank you for reading CBD and post op pain. Please comment any questions or reach out to CBD Thera directly.